India’s invisible majority are poor yet literate in their own traditions and increasingly online. Ocean in a Drop is a film about these emergent online populations told by rural women and children, artisans and entrepreneurs. Shot in 2015 the filmmakers visited fourteen villages throughout nine districts across Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar.
Duration: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Writer / Director – Andrew Garton
- Director of Photography – Jary Nemo
- Second unit camera – Rohit Dhall
- Design – Cathy Chen
- Media and Translations – Udita Chaturvedi
- Translator – Ravi Guria
- 19 July 2017 – Clayton Community Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
- 18 June 2017 – St Andrews Community Hall, St Andrews, Victoria, Australia
A film by Andrew Garton in collaboration with the Digital Empowerment Foundation and INOMY Media and in association with the Internet Society, Australia India Institute and the Association for Progressive Communications.